Sunday, June 19, 2011

Upcycled Frame

So, I found this big framed painting in the trash the other day...


Not an ugly painting at all, but I had other dreams for it. 

After a little effort, I turned it into this: 


Not bad, ay? 
I love it. ^^ And, it looks perfect with our green & brown scheme bedroom. 

1. First, I removed the backing and painting from the frame 
and painted the frame a nice chocolate brown. 


2. I took the painting and wrapped it in a fun fabric, 
using hot glue to adhere it to the backing. 


3. That could have been a great wall hanging on its own, 
but I decided to add a simple embellishment. 
I wrote out the words "choose love", 
first in pencil, then in marker, onto the fabric. 



4. Lastly, I traced over the written down letters with hot glue
(going slowly, bit by bit, in order to ensure hot glue and a secure hold)
and placed a navy colored yarn on top. 


Ta-da! 




Photobucket




12 comments:

  1. Cute! That turned out really nice....It reminds me of a quote someone shared at my wedding shower that has stuck with me "To love is to choose to love." Wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I love how bright the colors are, and then to add the sentiment really completed the look.

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe this is fantastic. And I will be copying it. =) I, too, have snatched frames from the brink of destruction, and now have, um... a bunch... awaiting new life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute! And a great way to upcycle something into something better. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it. the fabrics you chose are super fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done--a very fun project! Love the words you embroidered onto it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I like the idea of using yarn- why didn't I think of that?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of yarn, so this is a nice touch to your beautiful upcycled frame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that turned out cute!!! You did a great job! Love the bright colors..so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this. the colors are so happy. i thought you stitched it but the fact that you gluegunned it, even better!!!! totally do-able. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, bright addition to the room :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!
Please click the "Subscribe by email" link in order to be notified of replies to your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...