Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Trymnal

"At nine they stopped work, and sang, as usual, before they went to bed." 
- Louisa May Alcott, Little Women 

I've always loved this idea. 
Finishing the day in song, in praise, in worship. 
What a great way to refocus, to remind, to respond. 
Because the hubs and I are both very musical, this idea appeals to us. 

So, I decided to start by making us a "song-book", a hymnal if you will. 
And because our last name is "Trammell", I decided to call it the "Trymnal". 

^^ 



I found a nice, ring-bound binder to store our music in 
and decorated the cover sheet with water color paint...



I chose a themed verse for the cover too, Psalm 100: 1 - 5: 


Views of the inside, favorite songs so far: 


I'm so excited to keep adding to this book! 
Hopefully it will become a Trammell Family tradition for years to come. 




Photobucket




Linking up all over the place.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Nice cover page. My hubby and I are on the worship team at our church (he plays drums, I sing and play keyboard) and we play some of those songs you posted! Love it. I just have a huge 3-ring binder filled with songs that hasn't been organized for far too long, lol. Oh, and your kitty looks like one of my kitties! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that idea! And love the title page. So witty.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!
Please click the "Subscribe by email" link in order to be notified of replies to your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...