Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sudsy Thoughts

I do some of my best thinking whilst doing dishes. 

Tonight as I was sudsing along, I was thinking about one of my clients. 
She's a big time smoker. 
Multiple packs a day. 
She also had severe COPD and asthma. 
She's tried to quit many times, tried everything under the sun. 
She has a ton of people supporting her, keeping her accountable, 
and yet she knows nothing but failure. 
She's literally killing herself with every puff, but she just can't stop. 


I've found myself judging her recently. 
Why can't she just quit? She's killing herself! 
Her life could be SO much better if she'd just quit! 

Concerned, prideful thoughts. 

And then I thought: What's killing me? 

Pride? 
Sugar / fat intake? 
Gluttony? 
Lies? 
Impure thoughts? 
Jealousy / comparisons? 
Media absorption? 
Laziness? 

And the list goes on. 

There are so many favorite, pampered sins that I take puffs of--multiple packs a day. 
And it's killing me. 

"Have mercy on me, O God, 
according to your steadfast love; 
according to your abundant mercy
blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, 
and cleanse me from my sin!"
Psalm 51:1-2 

What an amazing realization to come to whilst doing dishes. 
I'm dirty like these dishes. 
Praise God that He's a good dishwasher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much!
Please click the "Subscribe by email" link in order to be notified of replies to your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...