Friday, October 31, 2014

Hello there.

Hello, blog, I forgot you existed for the last 5 months.

I also haven't chosen a resolution song for the last 5 months. Oh well. There's grace for that.






































A friend recently mentioned to me that she wandered over to my blog to see what I was up to. Well, according to this internet space of mine, I haven't done anything in the last 5 months which is, of course, entirely untrue. I'd like to be able to get back into blogging and updating, and recording these ordinary and lovely and difficult days of ours. I want to document each season of our life, even the ones that aren't as bright and shiny and adventurous. And, I want to do all this remembering and documenting without the pressure of entertaining. This space is for remembering, sharing, and doing life together. 

So, here's to updates, thoughts, and remembrances. 

For posterity's sake, here is a quick outline of what has been going on in my heart and life lately: 
  • The hubs and I completed the Whole30 this past summer.
    • Incredible results! We are so pleased and amazed at discovering more and more about how our bodies and minds are directly affected by the food we eat. We are committed to sticking to a mostly Paleo diet now and plan to do another Whole30 in the new year. 
  • We welcomed a tiny little nephew into our family. 
  • We attended some beautiful weddings, traveled, and surprised family
  • We've worked hard, gotten to play a little, carried on in ministry, and are learning tough lessons on what it means to be content in and through all things. 
Here's to more updates, more blogs, more reflections, more remembrances. 

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
(Ephesians 3:14-21 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much!
Please click the "Subscribe by email" link in order to be notified of replies to your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...