Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good Word

You no more need a day off from spiritual concentration on matters in your life than your heart needs a day off from beating. As you cannot take a day off morally and remain moral, neither can you take a day off spiritually and remain spiritual. God wants you to be entirely His, and it requires paying close attention to keep yourself fit. It also takes a tremendous amount of time. Yet some of us expect to rise above all of our problems, going from one mountaintop experience to another, with only a few minutes’ effort."

-Oswald Chambers, excerpt from The Failure to Pay Close Attention

2 comments:

  1. Love this quote. Also, I tried to reply to your comment on my post again, but not sure it worked as something that would notify you or not, so here's your notification :)

    Also, who did your blog theme and design and stuff? I'm trying to decide which way to go in order to get mine updated. I'm getting a little bored with it's design right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Julie! I love that we've been "chatting" via blog comments. ^^

    My blog design template was done by shabbyblogs.com, they've got some great layouts over there! And then I chose all the fonts and colors and did my own header image.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!
Please click the "Subscribe by email" link in order to be notified of replies to your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...