Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Triple Word Score

Scrabble tiles have been all the rage on Pinterest lately. 

I decided to let myself be inspired. 

We don't play as much Scrabble as we would like these days, 
because I'm a crazy sore loser
because we just don't have much free time. 
So, I didn't feel bad about sorting through our Scrabble tiles
and using some of them for decorations. ^^ 

This "craft" is free and easy and only requires some tape, some Scrabble tiles, 
and some sticky tack: 


I picked out the letters I wanted and arranged them into the connected words. 
Then I taped them together on the backsides. 
I taped each of the letters together separately 
and then used one long strip of tape for each word for more security: 


I used bits of sticky tack on each corner and in other random spots
and then stuck the entire piece to the fridge. 


And yes, our microwave is on top of our fridge. 
We have a tiny apartment and we do what we can. 
And, it's really funny to see our short friends try and reach the microwave. =) 


Photobucket



12 comments:

  1. Me likey! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Now I need to go out and buy a game of Scrabble! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I'm a new follower! I found your link on Paisley Passions Wandering Wednesday Blog Hop.
    Hope you stop by for a visit!
    Brenda
    http://www.piggygiggles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cuteness! you are the coolest!
    i am dying to try some scrabble tile art:)

    ps i am a recovering sore loser. heh.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is cute! i want to do it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I have been checking all the thrift stores for scrabble games! Love this! I am your newest follower! I would love it if you checked out my blog and become my newest follower!

    Kirsten:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did something like this too! Love how yours came out! I am visiting from Craft-O-Maniac and I am a new follower!!
    Hope you had a great weekend and that I will see you at my blog soon!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun craft! Since its garage sale season I will keep my eyes out for some Scrabble games! :)

    New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! {One Ends Tonight} http://www.peacelovepoop.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You better be practicing your Scrabble, I finally bought a board (and then lost my partner... poor planning Co, poor planning!). Once I get the cat trained, I'll be playing daily. I swear.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!
Please click the "Subscribe by email" link in order to be notified of replies to your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...